The Somerset Digital Outreach Team are a dedicated NHS team helping to spread knowledge and easy to understand information. We have lots of patience and are happy to help anyone, whatever level you are at. We offer lots of different types of support to suit individual needs.
There are many digital tools available to access NHS services and we help people in Somerset use them. Many things can get in the way of being able to use digital apps or services. People may not know how to use technology or feel confident with it. It may be that people don’t realise what is out there and available to use.
How can this help me?
Accessing healthcare digitally should be available for everyone. Sometimes you don't have a family member to teach you, or you may never have had a smart device before. Learning to use apps doesn't have to be scary!
There are many benefits of using the NHS App. Once registered, people who are already using it tell us they like being able to:
- Use a free, easy to use safe and secure NHS owned and run App
- Book doctors appointments
- Find out about common health conditions without phoning the doctor
- Order repeat prescriptions
Some of the ways we are helping residents in somerset
- Help with downloading and using health apps like the NHS App
- Support with accessing health care when socially distanced due to COVID 19
- Providing training sessions for people to learn basic digital skills, like using the internet and your smartphone to manage your health
- Help families or carers with ordering medication or making appointments. This is called 'Proxy Access' and is a way for family members to make sure that elderly parents,children and those with additional needs have their medication and medical enquiries dealt with.
We have a YouTube channel with easy to follow videos on signing up for the NHS App, how to download Apps from the App and Play stores and other interesting uses of smart technology.
We can speak with you (currently over the phone due to COVID) to show you how to use smart technology to see your GP health record and information or help you to troubleshoot and report technical issues with mobile applications and the NHS App.
If you would like to contact us, email us.
If we can’t help you personally then we will know someone who can and introduce you to them. We are employed in the Digital Team at NHS Somerset Clinical Commissioning Group.